The Dowdell Library Foundation aggressively pursues fundraising opportunities to benefit the Library’s operations and special needs.
- The Amboy Foundation and Walmart awarded grants to purchase a 3D printer and provide programming to the South Amboy community.
- Macy's awarded a grant to support the library's summer reading program.
- Target awarded a grant to purchase eReader tablets for the library's children's room.
- The Amboy Foundation awarded a grant to acquire a digital scanner, video recorder and other equipment to help preserve South Amboy's history.
The Amboy Foundation's grant will be used to preserve South Amboy's history. From left: Elaine Gaber, Director of the Sadie Pope Dowdell Public Library, Mimi Pichey, President of the Dowdell Library Foundation, Mariola Jones, Amboy Bank's South Amboy Branch Manager, and Joseph Mullane, Vice President of Amboy Bank.
- Walmart awarded a grant to purchase an Early Childhood Literacy Station
- The Amboy Foundation awarded a grant to purchase computers for the library's children's room.
- The Amboy Foundation awarded a grant to purchase an Online Learning Center